After you are charged with a crime, you may be extremely concerned about how a potential conviction could affect your finances, employment prospects, and reputation. If you don’t already have a criminal defense lawyer to help you, there are several reasons why you should contact me, W. Sloan Goforth, Attorney at Law, as soon as possible.
For example, even if you do plenty of research, the criminal justice system makes it extremely difficult to properly represent yourself during criminal proceedings. As your criminal defense lawyer, I can provide you with needed legal representation and also:
- Negotiate with the prosecutors on your case to potentially help you obtain reduced charges or a less severe sentence.
- Help you cope with any feelings of embarrassment, fear, reduced self-esteem, or anxiety that you may be dealing with.
- Provide you with an objective perspective about your situation and also help you understand what will happen if your case goes to trial.
- Use my knowledge of important legal rules to apply to your case and ensure your legal rights are protected.
- Take the time to gather crucial information from witnesses that could have a significant impact on your case.
- Spend time on your case that you may not be able to spend yourself.
Whether you are facing charges for driving under the influence of alcohol or for violating the terms of your probation, it’s essential that you have a criminal defense lawyer on your side. Contact me today to find out more about the criminal process and how I can assist you.